TGIF! My boss has been out of town for a conference this week, so work has been either extremely boring or stressful. I have had either nothing to do, or a task that had to be done ASAP as he was traveling. So I’m extremely happy this week is coming to an end. I’m looking forward to a nice and enjoyable weekend!
So let’s get to linking up with Lauren to go through the top moments of my week:
1. Saturday was a particularly fantastic day for me. The kids and I participated in the annual Run for the Trees Jeannette Genius McKean Memorial 5k in Winter Park. This is a run I have done for 4 years now and I can’t imagine not doing it! The last mile of the run is through a private nature preserve that is only open once a year to the public for this event. This was the first run the kids have done with me where they were actually registered participants. They loved it! While we were in the preserve a peacock flew out of a tree and started walking right at us. It made for a great photo of the kids!
2. Tuesday was a really nasty weather day for us and I was able to use our storm doors on the back porch for the first time since moving in. I get that most people won’t find this exciting, but I am sadly impressed by the seemingly unimpressive things in life. I’ve never had storm doors before!
3. Wednesday my kids were celebrated as Young Authors for their classes at school. I’m so proud of my kids and their great writing skills. I hope that this is an interest they keep as they get older. Momma needs a retirement plan!
4. I started reading a new book, The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. It’s about a serial killer who is able to travel through time to kill his victims. It has the feel of The Time Traveler’s Wife but sinister!
5. Last night the husband and I had a couple drinks and sat up watching ridiculous YouTube videos. It was the best night of the week!
How was your week? Leave me a comment below and share your top moments from the week.